12 Moscow Decorated For Soviet Holidays, 1932

Moscow Decorated For Soviet Holidays, 1932

Posted on October 17, 2006 by team

During Soviet holidays many Russian cities were decorated with different Soviet propaganda stuff.

Here are photos from the Moscow city back from 1932.

As years passed this tradition only srengthened, at the end of Soviet era cities were drowning in red flags and slogans on each holiday.

“Our life is much better now! Our life is a great fun today!”

Statues of lenin, red flags everywhere.

12 Responses to “Moscow Decorated For Soviet Holidays, 1932”

1. Robert says:

Please excude me for be crude, but…
    “Comrade Stalin loves kids.”
    BAHAHAHAHA!

Well, after his apparent conduct on the train that time it might just be true. Then again, she was more of a young lady. Sorry I can’t give more information as to when, where or who… but I hope someone knows what I mean.

I’m always interested in Propaganda, a glimpse inside ‘then’ in Russia… it’s the bit that almost nobody in the West has ever seen.

2. Robert says:

Oh question…

This is 1932, who are the ‘menaces’ mentioned? Britain and the US maybe? They were anti Comintern, how about the Nazi Party brewing up, the Guomindang in China?

Or just anyone who wasn’t Sovjet?

3. steroid says:

Robert, you mean Stalin’s young wife or how he “loved” his son Yakov so much that he had to die in German imprisonment during WW2?

Anyhow, this whole mentality isn’t lost yet unfortunately, this reminds strongly of North Korea right now.

4. Robert says:

Stalin’s young wife.

Didn’t know about Jakov to be honest.

5. LEVON says:

The last one is “Krokodil”(means crocodile), symbol of most popular Humoristic magazine in USSR.

6. dRE says:

Steroid: You just described the present situation in the United States. Well, to out it in your words, “not exactly the same, but similar”.

7. Doug says:

If my memory serves me right, these photos where taken at the same time as the Ukrainian famine that was going on several hundred miles to the south. Didn’t that famine happen in 1932?

8. 2garry says:

another ideological battle?

9. from this country says:

FACT!!!

“Я не меняю солдата на генерала” – сказал Сталин,когда ему предложили обменять захваченного в немецкий плен сына Якова на фельдмаршала Паулюса.

Sorry 4 my English, i try to translate it.

“I will not exchange simple soldier on general” – Sad Stalin, when germans proposed to exchange his son Yakov
    on feldmarchal Paulus in soviet captivity.

10. Akater says:

> …who are the ‘menaces’ mentioned? Britain and the US maybe?

> Or just anyone who wasn’t Sovjet?

Exactly.

11. PlanoTX says:

Very good and very accurate post. Sounds like you know your history…

12. tiit says:

Flat contour figures were constructed everywhere.
    and the one in the picture is a russian soldier drinking vodka.

I belive that stalin really loved kids, at least lenin did, in school i had to learn poems like that (translate it from my memory)

Oh great Lenin, he was so noble, smart and good.
    Us, children, he would kindly take to his lap and tenderly fondle our head.
    He would kindly look into our eyes and ask:”How is it going?”
    “We have the best life in the world, your wishes have become true.
    The government takes care of as and gives us palaces,
    gives us camps and parks, gives us wellness and happiness
    Yes it’s really better than in any poem!