25 Doll House

Doll House

Posted on October 15, 2006 by team

Very strange dwelling was found in Russian countryside.

What is this, some voodoo sect shelter?

Or is it a some kind of design solution?

See yourself.

25 Responses to “Doll House”

1. Mike says:

Are you serious? That’s crazy.

2. LEVON says:

ooooo, wiard!

3. Petrina says:

Very creepy!!

4. Echilon says:

Looks like someone has too much time on their hands :P

5. конюхъ says:

doll hunter :)

6. dRE says:

Looks like the house of that crazy american milkman who shot 5 girls in a school.

7. ilyich says:

I don’t think they are crazy– more likely artists, “free-spirits.”

I think it’s very interesting, surreal.

nice touch: portrait of Lenin on the goat-shed!!! HA HA!

8. someone says:

Possibly, the one who lives there was working on some toy factory. I remember a lot of people standing on the road (in the middle of the way from Moscow to St. Petersburg) and selling toys. Why? Because it way their salary. I even bought one nice huge dog.

That was quite usual in 90s to receive not many, but products as salary. So may be someone got bored of trying to get use of his salary and have done something that we can see here :)

9. Annoyed says:

“Yeah — this happens in America too (although I must admit, this is more extensive than I’ve seen before), and probably many other countries that have lots of “disposable” goods. You often see someone who lives near a junkyard with lots of dolls on the fence or house, or even attached to the grill of his/her car (very common).”

Since most of us come from different countries, I’m sure we realize this. So there is no point of restating this in every article (and I’m not just talking about you, because everyone does it). I’m sure the point of these articles are not to say that these situations are only common in Russia but rather just to show something from Russia.

10. diego says:

It gives me the creeps!!

11. We had a similar looney-tune here a few years back, except that he/she used plastic fruit instead of dolls.

12. Nick says:

Wow! Very creative! Never seen anything of the kind! :)

13. Jipa says:

This could be creepier only if all of those things were nailed only from the head with a single nail. Sick.

14. dan says:

No one will break into his house to steal his TV thats for sure!

15. Capt. Murphy says:

Looks much like the heidelberg project in detroit with the doll heads and stuffed animals stuck on trees.

16. Blonde_Mommy says:

This is too weird, I would never befriend a person who’s home looked like this, (not art in my eyes sorry) I probably wouldn’t even talk to them , and honestly this looks more like the work of a physco!!!!

17. [...] this is the Russian version of it. This strange dwelling was found somewhere in the Russian countryside. Dirty as the Toy Tower [...]

18. Darwinism says:

That’s awful!

19. Holy creepiness, Batman. Someone needs to show it to Rob Zombie so he can use it for the set of a movie.

20. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along.
    I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading.Nice blog,I will keep visiting this blog very often.

21. Jenechka108 says:

Exclusive delirium

22. Stiven Silver says:

УЖАС!!!

23. Mr Russia says:

Hermit Don Julián Santana started something like this in Mkexico years ago, after a child drowned and died in a canal.

The place is now known as La Isla de las Munecas or “Island of the Dolls” in English and has become a great hit with tourists.

24. Cheryl Gehrke says:

THis is one of the weirdest and most disturbing things I have ever seen. I have a neighbor who hung a big bear from the mesquite tree branch and it disturbed me to no end. I collect stuffed animals like the fairy in The Velveteen Rabbit and try to find them good homes. I would never want any of my animals ending up like this crazy place. Stuffed animals belong in the house sitting on a bed or chair, not nailed to a tree. This is beyond disturbing. I feel I would have to rescue those poor animals and toys. No one respects the beauty of a stuffed toy or the work that went into the dolls. This is really sick and whoever lives here needs a psychiatrist or an asylum.