35 New Russian Car

New Russian Car

Posted on October 10, 2006 by team

This is a new model of Russian car, for the moment the most uptodate.

It's name is LADA Priora and it's not clear when it would be in production.

I don't know would it be handy on such roads, the previous one, the Russian Hummer clone  was looking really more suitable for those roads, though the price difference is large. This is a budget car, that should be able to compete with foreign issues like Ford Focus or Toyota Corolla.

lada priora, russian car

lada priora, russian carlada priora, russian car

35 Responses to “New Russian Car”

1. Laski says:

U’r wrong. Lada is good russian car. I have LADA 2110. I think it not bad model like another. Except road Moscow-Lena there are also other roads. Though our illness is fools and roads, as always

2. dRE says:

I like the interior – it resembles Corolla a lot, but the exterior is weird. Lada Kalina looked better on the outside. Still, I have to admit, most Russian cars are not modern enough and in no way can compete with western automobiles. Our car manufacturers (like Lada) need to work seriously on design and assemblage of vehicules (especially the latter). Most people who start earning enough prefer to buy cheap Korean or Japanese cars instead of Ladas.

3. Urgat says:

hey lada isn’t a car it’s a leaky bucket with bolts in it

4. RU says:

2 URGAT
    Are U Deutsch?
    OPEL DAS IST FANTASTISCH!!!!! )))))))))))))))))))))))))

5. D says:

Man that Russian model is ugly.

• Franccis Adala says:

You are blind.You probably need more light, this is because this car is as beautiful as any on a modern city road.Or perhaps you should start by telling us what a beautiful car should look like.

6. 4emist says:

that’s true. I don’t understand why can’t they do something better!

7. chaosgone says:

That’s a nice looking car, in my opinion.

8. 4emist says:

i think ford focus ore toyota corolla are MUCH better

9. robotnik says:

Looks like it was designed in 1993.

10. ilyich says:

hmmm. . . i’d buy that for a dollar.

11. LEVON says:

For a whole dollar? Dollar way more that the car is worth!!!

12. Finlandia says:

Don’t know about you guys, but I wouldn’t trust Russian workmanship just because the car looks good from the outside. Lada might have hired some Italian designer, but that doesn’t mean that they are able to build good cars.

I know a guy that have a five year old Lada Niva. There is already rust, and electrical problems. Not very impressive.

13. ilyich says:

I wish could still buy the OLD Volkswagen Bug (the “type 1″ air-cooled classic). In many ways the ideal transportation– cheap, simple to fix, uncomplicated design, easy to mass produce– some Russian company should build a similar car. Plus it could be modified into the “baja” bug for off-road (or “Russian road”) driving. Hell– just “bootleg” the original German design. I think there would be enough of a desire in the west that they could successfully export to the US. The key of course would be marketing– make it inexpensive (like the Yugo), but NOT “cheap” (like. . . errr. . . the Yugo). Cheap, simple, solid. OR, please, if you want to sell cars to the western market, make something unique– like others here have said, why buy a cheap Russian copy of a Toyota if I can just buy a used Toyota for the same price?

14. Xavi says:

It’s a fact: russian cars are only bought by those who can’t afford something better… and anything else on 4 wheels is better: 2nd hand european or japanese cars, Renault’s Logan or even chinese ones. Nowadays in russian roads you can find plenty of right wheeled 2nd hand cars from Japan. It seems to me that Japanese people can renew their cars (first of all) thanks to Russian 2nd hand cars demand.

15. Jacket says:

it’s cheap, and if this car have broken, you can repare it in any place. it’s the main reasons to buy lada.

so, to repare my brother’s new bmw 5,3, he should go to another city(~250km).

16. Doug says:

A little larger than a Corolla, it appears. It looks like a Ford designed vehicle with a slight resemblance to an older Taurus.

17. Otto-Ville says:

Ladas are good especially in the North. They will always start no matter how cold it is. Of course 1,2 litre Lada consumes fuel as much as American V8, but hey, gas is cheap in Russia. :)

18. Sir Charles C. Higginbottom says:

I think it looks good, comapred to previous Ladas. It sort of looks like a Hyandai Elantra.

19. Technic says:

2 Otto-Ville
    I’m not sure that Lada will start in realy cold weather. Last winter weather was very cold and my Lada starts only in temperature high to -15C.

20. Fred says:

General appearance of this car would suggest that this car will be replacement for the 110/111/112 series. Knowing how much financial support is given to Lada from the government it might take even less than 10 years from first public appearance to production. But will this car succeed when competing with foreign cars assemblied in Russia thus preventing import taxes?

21. Обычный человек says:

UAZ 3163 Patriot – the good machine. And Wolga (3102, 31105, 3111). And VAZ – while greens…
    And germans and japanese are fascists.

22. Jipa says:

Even Ladas begin to look like real cars :)

23. aaron says:

Its an Unhatched Miracle towards to wards shtty american cars, but i would buy anything else over a russian car cept chinese, those will be entertaining to drive.

24. Seppo says:

Well it looks allmoust like a car, but its still like 10years behing modern cars.

25. commonman092 says:

Fiat Punto, that’s what an inexpensive car should be

26. Bill USA says:

I want the hot ass blonde!

27. clemens says:

Lada is a cool car !!! Lada 2109 and 2112 are very nice cars !!!

28. Marius says:

Lada is not a car, it´s a huge piece nothing…
    I had 2110 – bought straigh from the car-store. First, I had to change three cars before I got the one that really worked (electric windows just fell in, brakes didn´t work ect).
    Then – after driving about a month the wheel of my third lada just locked ! It was a fortune, that I was not on the heavy traffic or highway ! I turned right, then wents straight and th wheel was locked ! They fixed it, but now my lada just stand in fornt of my house and no-one even wants to buy it ! The maximum sum of money You get from a used lada (year 2003), is about 30 000 EEK (2500 USD or 1900 EUR) That´s if it´s in very good conditison. Mostly they are sold between 1500 to 1700 USD.

And still no one wants them !

29. 随着我国物流业(货架)的快速发展,整个华东地区物流业托盘的发展也正以物流服务塑料托盘提升到较国内其他地区更高的地位而推进。重视具有提升区域物流托盘效率功能的专业化和标准化物流
    塑料托盘基础设施建设,打造整体物仓储笼流服务平台。
    南京海佩货架公司将积极推行物流仓储笼业标准化战略,建立健全仓储物流铁托盘服务标准化体系,加快推进物流
    铁托盘装备设施、信息系统、经营管理、服务提供等的标准化,打造最
    先进的仓储设备交易数码港,争取成为国内物流业标准化建设的典范。

近年来,我国物流业发展迅速,物流塑料托盘业增加值持续上升,已成为推动国家经济持续发展的重点产业。与此同时,物流仓储笼业面临运输和仓储钢托盘成本高昂、产业形态相互割裂等问题,亟需推行标准化战略,以降低成本,
    提高效率提升服务质量,满足产业提档升级的需要。”

南京海佩货架公司是对物流钢托盘标准化比较重视的公司之一,实施标准化的速度也块。在标准体系研究中注重与很多仓储笼公司进行合作,将重点放在标准的国际通用型上。目前,海佩已经提出了包括物流
    铁托盘模数体系、
    集装箱的基本尺寸、物流钢托盘用语、物流仓储笼设施的设备基准、输送用包装塑料托盘的系列尺术、包装用语、钢托盘大型集装箱、
    塑料托盘用箱、平托盘仓储笼,卡车车厢内壁尺寸,
    铁托盘等。

30. milky_candy_sugar says:

If they wanna save their auto industry Russians should seriously put some renewal in this

31. Huggybear says:

If only they still sold ladas in the uk i would buy one i know they get a bad press but i would rather spend less on a car than buy a expensive one just so people wont make jokes and i would get a 2105 because i dunno why but i love the idea that the 50 year old design hasnt been given up on yet

32. moo says:

What lada needs to do is steal a Honda Civic engine and put it in there car and bamm it becomes reliable and everyone will want one!

33. Jason says:

I drive Volga in Russia. It a black 310221 model. It look like Chaika limousine. I drive near gates of Kremlin. People impressed. They jump out of the road to let me in gates. They think I president of Russia. My Volga great car. She get attention of girlies. They all want to drive in my Volga. They think they like to drink champagne in my car but I say no. They got some nerve those gilries thinking they can do what they want in my car. She go well my Volga. Bought seven years back. No problems with her. Done 200 000 km. My mummy and daddy think I am bees knees with this car, Like I’m superstar. Everyone in Peredelkino think I’m rich man. They all want autographs.